Frequently Asked Questions:
- I do not receive a stipend or subsidy. Is my child eligible? No. The money to purchase the vouchers must come from your monthly stipend or subsidy, so a child that does not receive a subsidy or stipend each month is not eligible to participate in the food program.
- Is the $33 a one-time payment? No. Vouchers must be purchased every time you receive food.
- Can I share the food with my friends and neighbors? No. The food may not be returned to a store, sold, traded, bartered, or given away. All ordered product must be age appropriate for the eligible child. Unless consumed in a family meal or snack setting, the food is intended for the elible child.
- Will I receive a refund or credit for food that I do not receive? No. It is rare to receive everything that a family orders, and there are no refunds or credit given.
- When do I pay for the voucher? Vouchers must be paid for before food is ordered. Checks should be given to your city's group leader or to your area coordinator.
- I had a foster child in my home for part of the month. Am I eligible to order? No. Foster children must be in your home for at least 16 days of the month to be eligible.
- When do the pick lists arrive? Generally two Fridays before your delivery date.
- Is the food delivered to my home? No. The group leader over each city meets the delivery truck and picks up the food. It is then brought to their home where it is sorted and foster parents come to pick it up.
- Can I purchase multiple certificates at once? Yes. You can purchase as many certificates as you want to at a time, and the ones you don't use will be carried over to the next month.
- Where does the food come from? Most of the food is donated to the WFBR from local stores, such as Sam's Club or Walmart. Some of the food, marked as "purchased product" on the pick list are purchased by WFBR. Most of the food is either expired or near expiration date, or less popular items that didn't sell well.
No comments:
Post a Comment