Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Lundahl Family

Kevin and I have been married for 22 years now.

We began foster parenting with The Casey Family Program in 1993 and then began with Albany County DFS in 1996. We have adopted 11 of our foster children (3 of them as adult adoptions). Our children range in age from 32 to 7. We also have 11 grandchildren.

Kevin worked for the Laramie Police Department for 22 years, Albany County Sheriff's Office for 5 years and just got back from working overseas in Iraq for 21 months. He will be running for Sheriff of Albany County this year. I'm sure his campaign will keep us very busy!

I run a home daycare/preschool. I am on the Board of Directors for Albany County Resource Center (we are the fiscal sponsors for the tobacco and substance abuse prevention programs for Albany and Laramie counties). I have also worked with the food bank for about 7 years now, 3 years as the current Area 4 Coordinator and Group Leader for Laramie. I am also part of the Family Support Taskforce for the State. I am also active in our elementary and Jr. High PTA's and volunteer for a lot of their activities.

Our kids keep us busy with skiing, golf, baseball, soccer, track and cross country.

We are fixing up our motorhome and looking forward to some wonderful family vacations this summer.

1 comment: